Mission of the Office
The central mission of the Office of Institutional Research (OIR) is the collection, organization, and analysis of institutional and other data to support institutional management, operations, decision-making, and planning functions.
Included in this central mission is systematic information processing of University-wide data leading to broadly based institutional perspectives and understanding.
Also included are studies related to projected needs, program objectives, as well as efficiency and effectiveness in the use of institutional resources.
What We Do
- Coordinate the dissemination of institutional data.
- Create, analyze and interpret management information from survey data.
- Collect data about the University’s performance.
- Provide data and information to authorities such as federal and state governmental agencies and accrediting bodies.
- Improve teaching and learning by assisting departments with program reviews and other assessment efforts.
News & Events
- SACSCOC Annual Meeting Dec. 5-8 2015
- EDUCAUSE Conference Oct. 27-30 2015
- Oracle Open World Conference Oct. 25-29 2015
- SAIR Conference Oct. 10-13 2015
- Southeast SAS Users Group Conference Sept. 27-29 2015
- USG Georgia Summit Sept. 16-18 2015
- SCUP Conference July 11-15 2015
- National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES)
- Southern Association for Institutional Research (SAIR)
- Association for Institutional Research (AIR)
- College Navigator